Monday, May 10, 2010

You Want to Lick My Asshole Why?

It was summer 2009, maybe 6pm, and I was walking back from putting my laundry in the wash at a laundry mat right off of Washington Square Park on West 4th street in NYC.

I was wearing shorts, a billowy t-shirt, and flip flops. I had my ipod on. A man who looked to be around 50 years old stood right in my walking line directly in front of me. He motioned for me to remove my headphones, and I assumed he'd ask for directions. "Yes?" I asked. And then he said, "I want to lick your asshole dry." Not knowing what to do, after a second I yelled in his face really loud "Go fuck yourself," and he started walking away. I starred at him and he kept looking back glaring angrily at me. He legitimately seemed surprised by my angry response.

I don't understand why they always seem so shocked when you get pissed off. What do they really think will happen?

In retrospect I wish I had physically assaulted him in some way, and I generally don't ever feel the urge to be violent in life, but when things like this happen, I do.

As women we get stuck in a hard position where, we can't fight back because you never know if the sicko harrassing you is willing to kill you or physically hurt you too. I wish more passersby, men in particular, were willing to step in when they witness this crap. Not that it's fair, but men seem to react to men differently than a woman when they step up in confrontation.

-Pissed Off in the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment