Monday, May 17, 2010

An Apologetic Snake


I was standing on the corner of 26th st. and 7th ave. in Manhattan enjoying my lunch break on a beautiful day. I heard something hissing from nearby, and turned around to this character nodding and hissing at me. A minute after snapping this photo as he walked off, I stopped him and asked if he had just been hissing at me, and if he was trying to get my attention. Here's what our conversation looked like:

I said "I'm just out here enjoying my lunch break and trying to go about my business and you interrupted me."
He said "What if I had come up to you and said 'I think you're beautiful'?"
And I said "I don't care, I don't want anyone talking to me on the street, I don't like talking to strangers on the street and most women don't."

We went back and forth like this for a couple of minutes and he tried to say he wasn't hissing at me. He said what's the difference between that and telling me I'm beautiful and I said:

"Well at least that would have been better than standing across the street making animal noises at me."
He finally said "I'm sorry."
And I said "Thank You."

Submitted by V

No comments:

Post a Comment