Friday, March 19, 2010

Race-based street harassment hurts, too.

Sexual Harassment can come from women too. I was walking up 7th ave directly in front of the post office near Varick. I had my head covered with a scarf to protect me from the sun and wore a dress past my knees. I walked past a group of women who were speaking spanish I did not notice them, but thought I recognized a male friend sitting on the corner, About 15 ft past them, I turned around, never making eye contact. One of them said "ho, f u and your arab people". What struck me was that I never saw them and they were still so obsessed with me way down the street, it was only by chance I turned to see if it was my friend. I got angry and gave them the finger. They started screaming F U FU FU FU go back to your FG country.

Submitted by L.

No comments:

Post a Comment