Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dog Eat Girl World

Walking home from my car at 430pm on a Thursday, and I see these two men. Both wearing these "sweat attire" and chains that I have grown to dread, as that is usually what my street callers are wearing- or the more scary ones. The "friend" did nothing. The main guy says "what'sss upppp" as he is walking towards me (we were walking opposite directions on the sidewalk). He is like ten feet in front of me but like three feet to the side. THEN, he bee lines right for me, smiles this disgusting shit eating smile, undressing me with his eyes, and does this head jerk/kiss/bite at my face, like inches from my fucking face on the sidewalk! I usually ignore these people bc it slows my stride and forces me to engage with them if i do anything else, and its not like i think that they dont know i dont like that, i give them a pretty evil glare. but THIS! And from someone who looked like they were 18!?!?! (im 23). I screamed at him in my meanest and loudest voice "Don't Fucking Do That!!!!!!!!" and everyone else on the street stared at him and knew what a fucking scumbag this guy was, and he gave me a very scary face that really seemed to say "watch your back". I was thrilled I said something, but terrified at the same time too bc this guy outweighed me by over 100Ibs and if he'd bite at a strangers face, umm, what the hell else would he do?

I didnt take a picture bc it happened too quickly and he scared me. In retrospect I wish had bc i could have filed charges against him for assault.
Assault is if he puts u in imminent fear of being attacked, battery is if he attacks u.

Also, if the police laugh at u, or dont take the report, or mock u, etc... as I have read here, file a complaint against them and even sue them in small claims court. The police are not allowed to do half of the things ive read on here. In some of the stories Ive read here, I would even sue the Police Department for sexual harrasment, intentional infliction of emotion distress, ... The law is actually quite pliable to the female pedestrian's plight against street harrassers, even if the police are not.

And even though in this case I didn't, I would strongly urge anyone who wanted to, to pursue these matters bc they dont just pick "you." The person who "bit" at me will do the same thing to another woman, and another, and another... And the police officer who mocks you, etc...

Submitted by "Law Student"

No comments:

Post a Comment