Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Monster Across the Street

From Brigitte:

This is a photo of the building across the street from my office that has been under construction for the past year. The men working there love to whistle, clap, and holler and it just reinforces the negative stereotype of construction workers. Sometimes it's almost funny, but really it's not at all. Considering this monster looms over the office parking lot, it's pretty difficult to avoid. I'm always self-conscious when I'm within their view; I feel like I'm on display. I'm the most uncomfortable when it's early in the morning and I'm walking back from yoga. Luckily, they're negativity can't penetrate the peaceful bubble I just spent the previous hour and a half developing. Nonetheless, I felt it was time to holla back!

No comments:

Post a Comment