Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You have a Progressive Women's Voice: Now Apply!

Last June I was accepted into Progressive Women's Voices (PWV), a media training by the Women's Media Center. It was one of the most transformative experiences of my life. Too often, it's easy as women and activists to sit in the backseat, running the day to day operations but not leading the way. The issues that face this world are grave, and women are still underrepresented in the media, politics, and businesses. As much as PWV taught me about media, it taught me about how to stand up and speak out. With their help and support, I stopped thinking of pursuing media as an "ego exercise" and started thinking of it as what it truly is - the most important social change tool that we have.

Street harassment is poised to be the most important women's issue in this decade. Each photo and story you submit establishes your leadership in this movement. I'd like to challenge you all to push your leadership to the next level and apply to PWV.

To apply, click here. To nominate someone, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment