Saturday, November 1, 2008


I have a passionate love affair with my neighborhood. I know most folks by face, if not by name, and and I'm addicted to the small town feeling that I've secured in big, big Brooklyn.

The other night I was walking home and some dude was standing outside of one of those odd private party club places. He said, "there's a party in there, you should come in and dance with me." I laughed warmly, looked over at the man that I didn't recognize but assumed I'd met before at some point, and said "no thanks."

As I made my way halfway down the block I heard "fucking bitch!" Not in my neighborhood, buddy. Choosing between the delightful options of this big city girl crushing his small town balls or snapping this picture, I decided to Hollaback.

Submitted by Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment