Saturday, January 12, 2008

Painting the Town Red

Well, this is about 30 yrs too late to be covered under the new law, but it was a supreme case of harassment. And nowadays, I'd probably be cited.

I was pregnant with my son at the time taking my alcoholic aunt who had a massive hangover into Manhattan to work. We were at the Borough Hall Station waiting for the train when I had this feeling behind me. Sure as hell, there was this moronic creep exposing and stroking his personals.

My profession at the time was a dancer in the wild and wooly world of topless/bottomless, so this was not a new sight. However, due to the dangerous times we lived in then, before the city got glitzified , to this end I used to carry a small can of red spray paint, along with a few other necessities to ward off overly confident morons who might follow me home after work. Reaching into my coat pocket, I turned around and sprayed this clown's action, chased him down the platform screaming at him as he jumped on a train going the other way.

The T.A. guy thought it was hilarious, but warned me not to do that again as I might get hurt in response. I was so freaking pissed off. I used the spray paint as it was a good way to identify predators and a bitch to get off or explain. The City was so much more fun then. I miss it.

Submitted by M

No comments:

Post a Comment