Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Hollllaaaaa" right back at you!

Okay, so it's not New York or even America but whatever, it still irritated the hell out of me. I am 13. I moved to Barcelona a few months ago from London and I have found the attention here to be a lot more blatant than in England. For example: The other day I was in the park going for a walk. I was strolling through, enjoying the sights as one does when a guy of about 25 walks past, stares at me and goes "Hollllaaaaa'. When I ignore him he goes "Hola, guapa!" (Hello beautiful) and WINKS at me. I walk faster and get away, feeling freaked out but glad I'm
safe. A few minutes later, I come across him again, this time sitting on a bench. At which point he ponts his middle finger at me, SUCKS IT and gives me the most lecherous stare I have ever seen. It was only after I'd got away that I realised I should have taken a picture. It wasn't only the way he talked to me that bothered me, it was the fact that I am blatantly a 13 year old girl, and not going to screw him. I guess the fact that afterwards I felt like kicking his head in for treating me like an object didn't bother him.

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment