Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gérard Depardieu: Senior Movie Actors

BIOGRAPHY


Date of birth :
December 27, 1948, Châteauroux, Indre, France

Birth name :
Gérard Xavier Marcel Depardieu

Height :
5 '10 ¾ "(1.80 m)

Gallery Photo's

Mini biography :
Troubled young people and tourists in the past, Gérard Depardieu started his career acting in small theaters way "Cafe de la Gare", together with Patrick and Miou-Miou Dewaere. After small roles in movies, at last, he likely Bertrand Blier Going Places (1974). The film established a new kind of hero in the French cinema and a sudden increase in popularity of the actor. Then, he various screen shots and became the most popular actor in France in the 80s and 90s. He has twice been awarded César as Best Actor for The Last Metro (1980) and Cyrano de Bergerac (1990), also received Oscar nominations for "Cyrano" and several awards at international film festivals. In 1996, he has been distinguished by the highest French title of "Chevalier de Legion d'Honneur". He married Elisabeth Depardieu in 1971, and they divorced in 1996, she appeared with her in Jean de Florette (1986) and Manon Spring (1986), their children Guillaume Depardieu and Julie Depardieu, the two actors.

Spouse :
Elisabeth Depardieu (19 February 1971-1996) (divorced) 2 children

Trivia :
Father of Guillaume Depardieu and Julie Depardieu.
Is an accomplished winemaker.
His daughter Roxanne, Whose mother is Karine Silla, was born in January 1992.
Convicted of drunk driving in France in 1990. He was sentenced to two months jail (suspended) and loss of his license for six months.
Had a motorcycle accident and was hospitalized while filming Astérix et Obelix Contre César (1999) in Paris.
Underwent emergency quintuple bypass heart surgery in Paris, France, following a heart attack (10 July 2000).
Guillaume Depardieu's wife Elise gave birth to a daughter, making a grandfather Gérard (January 2001).
He Became so engrossed in his role of Cyrano de Bergerac (1990) That he refused to shave off his Cyrano beard for a long while after the film was completed.
When he Appeared on the "So Graham Norton" (1998) in 2001, it was his first ever interview in the UK. He also confessed to traveling on his motorcycle to the hospital for his bypass operation.
Has his look-alike puppet in the French show "Les guignols de l'info" (1988).
Engaged to Carole Bouquet, WHO Had been his longtime companion since 1997, from 2003 to 2005.
His former girlfriend Karine Silla, mother of his daughter, Roxanne, is now married to actor Vincent Perez, Deaprdieu's co-star in Cyrano de Bergerac (1990).
Depardieu is a typical name from the center of France.
Time magazine ran a profile That mistakenly suggested Depardieu That Might have "participated" in a rape at the age of nine. The claim was based on an interview Carried out 13 years Earlier and was the result of an incorrect translation. Depardieu is now careful about proper translation.

President of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992.
Born to René Maxime Lionel Depardieu called "Le Dede", a metal worker and Firefighter, and his wife Jeanne Anne Marillier Josèphe called "La Lilette", he was the third of five children.
Grew up in Châteauroux in the Indre region.
Left school at the age of 13 to be Trained as a printer.
Owns two restaurants in Place Gaillon in Paris; They are called "La Fontaine Gaillon" and "L'Ecaille de la Fontaine".
Announced his intention to Retire from acting in October 2005, saying he believed he Had made enough films and wanted to concentrate on his other interests.
A friend of John Travolta, he was asked by Travolta to be his French voice in the dubbed version of Brian De Palma's movie Blow Out (1981).

He has been good friends with Robert De Niro for more than 30 years, since the two worked together in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900 (1976) in 1974-75.
Was Considered for the role of Max in Sergio Leone's gangster epic Once Upon a Time in America (1984). Depardieu said he was willing to perfect an American accent in order to play the role, but James Woods was cast instead.

Speaks Italian fluently.
Favorite actor and close friend of Cuban leader Fidel Castro.
Owns Vineyards in France, Italy, Argentina, Morocco and Algeria.
Admires bishop, theologian and philosopher Saint Augustin, living from 354 to 430 in the North African town of Hippo Regius.

Best paid French actor, earning EUR 800 000 per movie (2005).
Has lived together with Clementine Igou since 2005.
Classmate of Claude Jade and Alain Doutey at the Ecole d'art dramatique (1966).
He was made a Fellow of the British Film Institute in recognition of his outstanding contribution to film culture.

His fourth child (b. July 2006) is named Jean (Tribute to Jean Carmet).
His son Guillaume Depardieu Died on October 13 2008 (aged 37) from complications from pneumonia.
He Appeared with his wife Elisabeth in Le Tartuffe (1984).
Was Offered the main role in the action film Malone (1987) but turned it down. The part was later Offered to Christopher Lambert, WHO turned it down too. The part was finally accepted by Burt Reynolds.

Has Appeared in two remakes of films That Previously featured José Ferrer. First, Depardieu succeeded Ferrer in the title role of Cyrano de Bergerac (1990). Ferrer later played the musketeers Athos in The Fifth Musketeer (1979), while Depardieu played the musketeer Porthos in The Man in the Iron Mask (1998 / I). Both films were the resource persons based on The Vicomte of Bragellone. In Milady (2004) (TV), his son, Guillaume Depardieu, played Athos - Previously a role played by Ferrer.
Father of Jean Depardieu (b. July 14, 2006) with actress Hélène Bizot.

Personal Quotes
I never really like the characters I play. I only come to love Them afterwards.
The relationship the between an actor and a director is like a love story the between a man and a woman. Sometimes I'm sure I'm the woman.
"I'm happy with very little on this earth, but I do like to have a lot in my glass." [On his love for wine]
I want to get more INVOLVED with the Vineyards I have all over the world and to Spend more time with the People who Work in Them. You need to be there to the make yourself understood; you can not just tell people what to do from the end of a telephone line. My Ambition is to growing niche unrealized my vines, wines and Produce work like an artisan. I dream of rediscovering the old traditions and customs of wine growing, not necessarily to deny the which We have the technology today, but to harness it and work in harmony with nature.

Authenticity is the ability to listen to what nature Tells us. Listening is not the same thing as never making a mistake, but the Important thing is to learn.

I'd rather Spend my time with grape growers than actors. In the film industry, all the money is focused on television and the stupidity of American cinema. There are Fewer and Fewer "films d'auteur" made by people like Ken Loach or Claude Chabrol. The cinema is dead; it's finished. Who goes to the movies now? It's children. People who are 30 would rather sit at home in front of the Telly.

Cooking is not Difficult. Everyone has taste, even if They Do not realize it. Even if you're not a great chef, there's nothing to stop you understanding the difference the between what Tastes Good and what does not. That's what's so terrible about the Industrialization of agriculture and the food chain. There are children growing up today the WHO do not know what a lamb, a pig or a rabbit looks like.

I'm about to stop filming! That I'm a guy is leaving. And for once, I'm not drunk! I've got nothing to lose. I did 170 films, and I've got nothing else to PROVE. I'm not going to keep up like this for ever. I finished in style with film director Thomas Gilou, WHO has made lots of successes, and has made a really good film Michou d'Auber with this (2007). I Retire in style with this film. It's wonderful.

I do not care about Hollywood films. Hollywood films were the resource persons very good before, in the 1950s. Now you see the Classic are the best filmmakers. WHO did Gladiator Ridley Scott (2000) ... American Beauty (1999), the Oscar winner, CAME from London. Hollywood exists only for the B-movies. The Best Things Are coming from Europe. We have all the talent here but We need American money!

When I'm stressed, I still drink five or six bottles of wine a day. When I'm relaxed, three or four, but I'm Trying to cut down. You think alcohol calms you down, but you Become addicted to it. [2005]

[On Juliette Binoche] Please can you explain to me what the secret of this actress is Meant to be? I would really like to know why She has been so esteemed for so many years. She has nothing. Absolutely nothing! She is nothing. Compared with her, Isabelle Adjani is great even is she 's totally nuts. Or Fanny Ardant - She is magnificent, extremely impressive. But Binoche? What has SHE ever had going for her? [2010]

[On The Lovers on the Bridge (1991)] Leos Carax needed six years to shoot his movie with Juliette Binoche, the which turned out to be not even a movie but just a piece of shit.

I had wonderful companions During my life, and afterwards We separated - but not like Enemies. We stayed friends. It was always a costly thing to get a divorce, for example, but it's just money. It's not important. I had children with really wonderful women. I still like Them. I think We can learn everything from women. And I ESPECIALLY learnt from WHO have been women my my lovers or mistresses. But I also learnt a lot from female writers, like Virginia Woolf and Anais Nin. I prefer Them to, say, Hemingway, and I would always prefer Them. Although I very much like F. Scott Fitzgerald, I would prefer Colette, for example. Because We Can Learn from Them. Also Because these women are born mothers. They live as mothers. And They Often wait; They wait for something in Their life, ESPECIALLY if they're strong women. And these are the Human Beings That make me patient, make me want to wait and accept inertia.

It's the people you work with That matter. It's not the role. I do not give a shit about the role. I do not have any Ambition or career plans. I never have. I'm living in the present. I have no Ambition. It's true. But I want to live. I'm curious about people. That's what I've always done since I've been a small boy. I'm curious about others. I do this profession. I'm an actor. And it is, for me, a opportunity to meet people. One of the advantages of my profession is I come into contact with many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment