Friday, September 17, 2010

"Ignore it:" The world's worst street harassment advice

I live in Richmond,Indiana. My name is Shannon Harding and people in cars love to shout,honk and even pretend to try to hit me with cars a couple of times.

I already have an anxiety disorder and this treatment is just causing me to feel lots of anxiety and anger.

Just yesterday, I was walking to the corner convenience store. A guy leans out a white truck and yells "I want to kiss you on your ****"(I didn't hear the last word)

I flipped him off.

The vehicles mostly drive so fast I can't get license numbers or anything else. I do not dress in a way that could be rationalized as 'the reason to yell' I often wear glasses and no make-up. I don't know what to do- I keep being told to 'Ignore it'

Yet the whole situation is just causing me so much stress and anger.

Submitted by Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment