Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No Such Thing as a Safe Commute in this City

Just want to share my recent episode of street harassment there are so many to share. I was walking down the street (of course) and a gypsy taxi driver ask me if I needed a taxi. I said no thank you. Of course he took this opportunity to make a slick remark about how sexy I was to him. I ignored like I didn't here anything.

Then I went into the store. He watch for me to come out. and I purposely avoided going back in his direction. he then started yell things like "sexy" and then he yelled "champion" I kept walking like I didn't hear him I guess he got angry any then yelled out "Big Draws." I maintained my composure although I wanted to say some thing back.

Then to add on more embarrassment I called 311 to complain about the gypsy taxi drivers and their constant street harassment. They then referred me to 911 and told me they would have to send a police officer to my home in order to make a complaint.

Submitted by Teisha

No comments:

Post a Comment