Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lexington Avenue LOSER!


Lexington Avenue near 86th Street, 7:45 p.m., Thursday night.

Walking towards the subway I see two guys eyeing me, but try to ignore them. Then I hear one of them say, "Hey baby, how you doin'? How you feelin'? COME SEE DADDY!" (impossible to put into words how creepy and disgusting that last part is.) I turn around to confront the guy. "How can you talk that way to someone you've never met before? I don't know you! Why don't you learn some manners? Why don't you go home and ask your mother to teach you some manners?" All he can manage during this tirade is to repeat "go away, aw, go away." Funny, he wanted my attention so badly a moment ago.

I turn and keep walking, but then remember my cell phone, so I go back to look for him. I spot him and his silent friend through a window, inside a small store. I step in and aim my camera at the back of his head. "Hey, loser!" He turns around and I snap his photo. He realizes, too late, what I'm trying to do. "Oh, no" he says, as he tries to step away, but there is no room to go anywhere. He says again, "go away, go away." I respond, "You're going on the internet, loser!" and walk out of the store.

Submitted by Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment