Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Pretty in Pink

I live in the crazy college town of Madison, WI. In preparation for Halloween, I took the bus to the mall and got some costume elements. I got off the bus on State Street, only to hear a male voice, "Hey, pink-hair girl!" (My hair is not, in fact, pink, it's bright red.) But I stop and wait for the man to catch up (I can't really remember what he looked like anymore) thinking that I had forgotten something on the bus. So he comes up to me and says, "I just wanted to say that I admired you." Predictably, I'm like, "What for?" He says, "With all the diversity on that bus...you weren't intimidated or anything." I am not entirely sure what he means by this, especially since his explanation was far less concise than I have made it, but realize it's a compliment and thank him, although I've started walking home by now and am getting vaguely worried at the way he's following me. He asks if I'm in a hurry, and suddenly he becomes something more sinister than a guy with poor social skills. I tell him I have to go home and walk away very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment