Friday, December 23, 2005

The Old Man Said...

The old man at the coupon counter yelled, "Hey there, Red!" to me, as I walked through the store at which I work, winking suggestively to top it off. (My hair is dyed bright red.)
I might have let it go, but something about the fact that I was clearly at work (considering that I was wearing a company shirt and all) just ticked me off.

So I turned around. "I have a name, and if you are going to address me, you will address me by my name, and not by my hair color, is that clear?" I replied, putting on my best Frost Queen before stalking away.

It felt pretty good to hear him flapping his gums behind me, caught between embarassment and annoyance at having found a girl with the balls to talk back.

written by Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment