Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We're going to change this: until then, I'm standing tall in my shorts

Today I was walking to the park about 10 blocks from my house. I had on shorts and a t-shirt and some flops...nothing fancy. I had a guy slow down in his car next to me and start honking and whistling at me. Sad part was he had his 2 young sons in the car. A few blocks later these two guys on a bike start saying damn nice legs. Unfortunately all 3 creepers were moving too quickly for me to get a decent photograph. As i continued on my walk I said to myself I'm never wearing shorts again...but the more I thought about it, why not. Its not me thats the problem its them. And although I may get harassed again wearing them I'm not changing myself for any creep. I really believe in Hollaback and the movement that it has started and believe that things will soon be changing. So I'm going to keep wearing my shorts and am going to stand tall.

Submitted by Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment