Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Never too Young

Although I do not live in New York City, I was recently in a gas station near my school in a different city. I was buying a pack of gum before school with my mother and sister. I came in alone quickly. I walked up to the wrong register and the cashier smiled and said other counter. I am normally very friendly and polite so I smiled and said okay.

As i was buying the gum, the man had enough gut to say "You are very pretty. How old are you?" My smile quickly faded. As i turned deep red, I mumbled something and ran out. I was so mad that some random man could just ask me a question like that and assume it'd be okay. I felt very violated. i know that my story isn't nearly as bad as most of the other's, but I wanted to share it.

Be careful out there, girls. Even we are at risk. The harassment has already begun.

Submitted by K.

No comments:

Post a Comment