Tuesday, September 5, 2006

New York Shitty

Like most unemployed people with art degrees, I have a hobby. This hobby is documenting the dog shit problem in my community: Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I even have a blog about it: www.newyorkshitty.com. Perhaps you have heard of it.

ANYWAY--- for reasons you can well imagine, this endeavor requires that I hit the streets (camera and notepad in hand) to follow-up shit tips from readers. And just over a week ago, I did just this. The area in question was Norman Avenue between Guernsey and Banker St. I was not disappointed. In fact, I got a little something extra, which I am sending to you.

These four assholes saw fit to stop loading materials onto a truck to wolf-call me. I paused for a moment, pulled out my camera and took a photo of them. Being the crack-journalist that I am, I even made a notation of the address on my notepad: 34 Norman Avenue. This act worried one of the workers; he peered around the corner as I continued my rounds and yelled something back to his cohorts (en Espanol).

If I were him, I’d keep my mouth (and fly shut)--- ESPECIALLY if a broad carrying a notepad and camera was snooping around my place of employment. Not very bright.

Submitted by Miss H

No comments:

Post a Comment