Monday, August 14, 2006

Union Square TeenMonsters Strike

So it's lunchtime and I thought I would take advantage of the beautiful day to eat lunch in Union Square Park. I was walking around, looking for a bench when I see a homeless man ahead of me, turning around in circles like he's confused. I walked by and he definitely turned, following me awkwardly. I kept moving, figuring he's just asking people for change, until I heard some disgusting, waste of space yelling "Grab her ass! Grab her ass!" I looked over and there was a huge group of teenagers, guys and girls, apparently ENCOURAGING THE TRANSIENT TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT WOMEN PASSING BY. They saw me looking at them and knew I had heard, which made them all laugh hysterically. Needless to say, my lunch was spoiled and I felt too disgusted to sit anywhere near these people, much less fish through my bag for my camera phone. Now I'm back in my office, eating lunch at my desk. I am so grossed out and furious about the whole thing that I can't even think straight. The guy didn't touch me, but I can't help but think the next girl in a skirt who walked by wasn't so lucky...

Submitted by Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment