Monday, November 21, 2005

Tales of a Female Gas Jockey 1

I used to work at a gas station. Being a female gas jockey is just a recipe for disaster, as I found out in my year-and-a-half on the job.

I approach a truck to ask what the guy wants. He's sitting there, sucking away at a lollipop. Guy looks kinda greasy, looks like trouble. But I figure it's not at all fair to judge him beforehand, so I go up and give him the usual speech. ("Hi there, what can I get for you?" and so on) He looks down at me. He slo-o-o-wly removes the lollipop from his mouth and smirks. Then he speaks. "Wanna suck?"
I walked away before I could do him violence.

So for all you ladies out there in "male-dominated" jobs who get harassed on a constant basis - I feel you! Stick it out, and if you can, snap their pictures and get them back!

written by Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment